With all the content that is out there online today, it’s easy to feel like you’ve seen the same thing over and over! When you’re the one creating it, sometimes it feels hard to make original content.
No matter how many people have done the same old thing, adding a fresh, new twist to an idea can make it feel brand new! Don’t be afraid to experiment with your style, and try out some of these new angles for your content strategy!
What Angle Should I Take?
Depending on your brand’s message, you’ll want to align your tone and format to fit it. Matching your style to fit the message not only allows you to create faster but keeps the reader much more engaged!
To break things down, first, find which of these types fits your project best; Informational or Personal?
Taking an Informational Angle
Is it useful? There’s a book called Youtility by Jay Baer that speaks about how marketing messages should be helpful. To win attention for your business (and retain new clients) you must ask: “How can we help?” Youtility offers a marketing approach that cuts through the clutter: marketing that is truly, inherently useful.
Informational content typically tries to convey a fact. Think tips, guides, news, or tutorials. There are many ways to go about taking an informative angle with your content, and switching up your angle or style keeps things feeling fresh and exciting!
Here are some ideas of ways to get the facts across:
- Listing out key points (just like this!)
- Find a good balance between casual and formal tones.
- Lean in on trends in the news to stay relevant.
- Consider creating a video aid for tutorials.
- Collaborate with a guest informed on the topic for a new perspective!
Remember: if make a sale, you have a customer today, but if you genuinely help, you can create a customer for life.
Taking a Personal Angle
When writing something personally, the flow of your project can be much less research-oriented. After all, it’s based on your opinion! But sometimes, getting your opinion out is difficult. When it comes to your industry and growing your business, you can blend your personal and professional lives a bit.
This authenticity helps build more trust and credibility. Finding a new angle to approach expressing your opinion can keep you inspired and engaged with not only the reader, but yourself!
When looking for new ways to approach personal writing, you want to choose whichever angle encourages you to put what’s in your head, onto paper:
- Writing reviews is a great way to provide value along with your opinion! Ex. An IT company that shares tech product reviews
- Don’t be afraid to post a rant. (Just no personal attacks!) What drives you crazy in your field? It’s a good way to share your values.
- Offer your social commentary on relevant topics to establish credibility to your voice.
- Collaborate with a guest with a differing perspective! You can debate or ask their opinion on topics you are both passionate about. This content provides readers with questions and answers all in one and showcases you both as reputable experts.
Whether we share the same opinion or not, sharing your point of view opens up a conversation for everyone reading. Being able to properly convey your perspective allows you to create a much wider scope of content, and truly make it yours!
Related > Staying Connected With Content
Look at All Those Platforms!
Having a great piece of content is meaningless if you have no way to share it with everyone! In the modern world, we have tons of different formats and platforms to share your content! Try converting some old content to a new format, who knows, it might just click for you!
- Live streaming conversations on social media.
- Starting a podcast!
- Converting your content to quick vertical videos for TikTok.
- Starting a conversation on a new platform like YouTube!
No matter what your content is, most of the time it can be adapted in multiple ways. Different platforms have different strengths and different audiences. Capitalize on that by making content that can work in each environment.
Spending the time to learn a new platform or format lets you have more angles to work the same story. Converting older content to work on multiple platforms not only increases your skillset but offers your content to a wider audience of viewers!
Always Continue Evolving
Let’s ACE your online marketing. With so much content posted online every second, you don’t want to go stale! Even if it works great as is, there’s no downside to trying out a new angle or format for your content.
Whether offering your opinion or offering your knowledge, express your ideas with a fresh twist to keep readers engaged. Don’t be afraid to venture into new forms of content to grow your audience and credibility!
Have a great idea you just can’t get across? Don’t have time thanks to focusing on growing your business? When you’re trying to take it to the next level, it calls for Charisma.